Headache City - Part Two

Yesterday I was in Headache City, and last night, after "Two advil, two HUGE mugs of coffee and some peppermint essential oil (rubbed on my temples and forehead)" I couldn't get to sleep. I mean, I was tired enough, but just too high on caffeine. Problem is, when you have a two month old baby, from the minute you put him down for the night, every half-hour that goes by before you fall asleep is one precious half-hour less sleep for you. Nicolas went down at 10:00 last night. I went to bed at 11:00 because I just wasn't feeling sleepy, and then couldn't get my brain to slow down, got up to drink some milk. Got up again for something else. Finally I just got up and started reading a story. That helped, but still, it was close to 1:00 am before I finally got to sleep.

I suddenly jerked awake and listened. I heard nothing. I turned to look at the clock. It read about 3:30 am. That's about the time Nicolas has been getting up to drink each night. But he wasn't waking up. In fact, I couldn't even hear him breathing. I held my own breathe for a couple of seconds and listened very carefully, until I heard him sigh in his sleep. I then rolled over and promptly went back to sleep.

The child didn't sleep much at all yesterday and last evening he took a nice warm bath with his dad. So when he went down, he was ready to sleep. He didn't wake up until 5:30 am. 7 and a half hours! That's pretty much a whole night's sleep. Too bad I was so high on caffeine I couldn't take advantage of it... but for someone who got 4 1/2 hours of sleep last night, I'm not feeling too bad. Must have been quality sleep.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Megamind

Sectes

Against the Unweaving