Nick Pitera

Where was this guy 15 years ago when I was single and childless?  Oh right, 15 years ago I wasn't single and I wasn't childless and he was in grade school.  Oh well...

How not to fall in love with his voice and those eyes... oh those eyes with a thousand expressions that tell the story as much as the voice and words do...

If only I could sing like that.  Then the music could just stay with me.  In my head, when I hear music, it sounds like that.  Too bad I can't reproduce the sounds I hear in my head.





Now I will have to go see the Phantom of the Opera.  I've never seen it yet, although I've listened to parts of it on YouTube, but now I really must go.  I must.

"Softly, deftly, music shall caress you.
Hear it, feel it, secretly possess you.
Open up your mind,
let your fantasies unwind
in this darkness that you know you cannot fight,
the darkness of the music of the night.
Let your mind take a journey to a strange new world,
leave all thoughts of the life you knew before,
let your soul take you where you long to be."

Where I long to be...

If only it were that simple.

Where do I long to be?  Not so much in a physical place as in a spiritual place.  I want to be sharing the music.  That is so much more than simply listening to music at the same time as someone else.  Music is so much more than just chords and notes.  I want to share the words, the thoughts, the feelings.  To feel someone else's soul vibrate with the same music.  Music is outside of chords and notes.  There can be no sound and yet there is music; music only the soul can hear.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sectes

Megamind

Against the Unweaving