An editor would have been good...

I read through my book yesterday, and finished it this morning. Unfortunately, there were a number of typos, and other errors, including some formatting ones, especially near the end, that I did not catch, as well as at least one inconsistency. There are a few passages that I think could have either been written better or broken down. But it is too late now. An editor would have been nice, would have caught these things, but Publish America is, albeit a free one, still a self-publishing company, and does not offer much in the way of services, other than printing the book.

It's too bad, because I think it is a decent book, and could have been better. Still, despite the few errors, it is not unreadable, nor incomprehensible like some of the books they publish must be. We (the authors) provide the book description as well as the author description for the back of the book, and I came across at least one in the Publish America Directory, that, in reading the back cover, I thought to myself; Wow, if that is what the back cover looks like, then I don't want to even try deciphering the book.

I'm going to keep writing, and try to find a "real" publisher to look at my books next time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sectes

Megamind

Against the Unweaving