I love winter

I drove down the icy road this afternoon, past the snow-covered fields and realized, I love this season. I love the cold. I love the snow, I love the ice. I like to curl up in front of a blazing fire. I like to pad around the house in an extra sweater and slippers. I enjoy putting on a hat and scarf and warm gloves before I go out.

I miss the land of the spruce trees that I grew up in. The countryside is beautiful here, but the land everywhere belongs to farmers or some other person. There is no free land left. I miss skating near the flats below my home. I miss sliding down the bank. I miss crossing a frozen river to a nearby island to cook hotdogs over a blazing fire. I miss the ski-doos. I miss tunnelling in the snow.

You can take the girl out of the North, but you can't take the North out of the girl.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Megamind

Sectes

Against the Unweaving