Freakin' Health System

Gotta love the health system here. We have 4 or 5 drop-in clinics. I have two boys with ear infections right now. I call the clinic closest to home at about 7:45. The message tells me that the clinic is only open at 9:00. So I call back at 9:00.

At 9:00, I get a message telling me that the clinic is compete for today, no spots are available, please call back tomorrow from 8:00.

What the h@#%!!! So I call all the other clinics and they are ALL already full, no spots available! Already all full, at 9:00 am. Where are all the doctors?

Maybe I should just drive the 45 minutes to the border and pay to see an american doctor? It would probably take me less time to drive the 45 minutes, see the doctor and drive back, than to sit in the hospital all day.

It is always pretty much the same, and it must be worse now that everyone is freaking out over H1N1. I don't want to try out the hospital. If you can go there and wait 6 hours in the waiting room wiht no H1N1, I shudder to think what it must be like now. I am so siiiiiiiiick of hearing about H1N1. But that is another story.

It used to be that people would wait until they really need to see a doctor before going because they couldn,t afford it. Now people wait until they really need to go see a doctor because they don't want to spend all day in a waiting room.

I think I will just take the two boys to the health store and continue using the homeopathic stuff, which works well normally. Dominic's doesn't seem to be going away though... But to be honest, we haven't been consistent enough with the drops.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sectes

Megamind

Against the Unweaving