Angelina Jolie to Adopt Vietnamese Child

Angelina Jolie to Adopt Vietnamese Child

You know, I'm not a fan of Brangelina, and I don't peruse the star magazines each month to find out more about them, but I do find it interesting that they (I will give them the benefit of the doubt) love children enough to take advantage of the fact that they are well off to adopt kids who otherwise would have no family and a poor quality of life, and will continue to do so even after having one of their own.

Angelina does seem to have a case of foot-in-mouth disease, or is that the paparazzi taking things out of context? Take this example:
In a recent interview, Jolie calls her biological daughter "a blob" with less personality than her two adopted kids in recent European interviews.
Yes, well, I have been known to affectionately call my own children parasites... (stuck to the breast and all...) And I once wrote that even the family cat (my parents' cat) had more personality than my first-born (when he was a month or two old).

And then the next capsule has this to say:
However, the press omits the part of the interview where the reporter actually suggests the word "blob" when Jolie hesitated in describing her newborn.
Yeah, there you go. And how much of the stuff going around out there is stuff like this? Most of it I'm willing to bet.

Angelina and Brad are doing something I would love to do. Adopting kids who need families. I have always wanted to adopt a child or two. It doesn't look like that is going to happen though.

Wait, there's more. This page actually has two polls on the whole story. The first poll asks if Angelina should keep adopting kids. 75% answer If the kids are alright, who cares? 17% are busybodies and answer Somebody stop her! and 9% more answer No, this should do it. This is nobody's business was not one of the options. The other poll asked: How do you think Brad feels about all this?

Well, duh! They act like Angelina is the one adopting the kids and Brad is just some polite onlooker who has to put up with the whole thing. He is adopting them too is he not?

So now it is not only politically incorrect to have "too many kids", it is also politically incorrect to adopt "too many kids"? Give me a break! No, of course it would be much better just to leave these kids in orphanages where there are no parents, only caretakers who have x number of kids to care for. Would you leave your own kids in daycare 24/7 all year for years on end? So why would it be okay for these kids? People are so ignorant! Once again, I am probably better off not reading the news, because stupid reporters get on my nerves.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sectes

Megamind

Against the Unweaving