Feeling Guilty

This photography studio that does pics of babies at home called and offered to take pics of Nicolas and were giving us one free, no obligation to buy. I really hate that and usually would say no, because I know I'd feel pressured into buying at least some of the pictures and that they would be expensive. Well, more expensive than ordinary photos anyway.

So the guy came today with the pics to view and of course was selling them either individually or in three packages. The least expensive was $125 and included all the photos (13 5x7's) plus the negatives. The idea that the negatives came with it interested me, since then I could just go and get more photos, but honestly, I really didn't need all those pictures of the same child on the same day. I could have had the two nicest plus the one free one for $40 and I think that would have been enough. Maybe I should have gone with that. But I bought the $125 package which ended up being almost $150 with the taxes.

Now I feel really bad. I would definitely pay money for pictures, if there was some special reason to get pictures done like that, like a wedding or something. But I've never paid lots of money for good pictures for just the birth of a baby. Thing is, I happen to know personally a few people that would dearly love to have an extra $125 a month. People that barely make more than that in a month to pay for all their needs. And here I am buying baby pics for that price. My parents would never have been able to afford something like that. I guess what I am saying is that I feel guilty because we are? We can pay that amount for something worthwhile, but we definitely should be choosey about it. It's not like we are rich either, (not in first-world standards anyway). Now what am I going to do with these pictures? Store them away somewhere?

The only thing that makes me feel better is the idea that I can give these pics away, and they can be gifts for grandparents and godparents.

Maybe I should have taken the three nicest for $40 and given the rest to charity? Or at least spent it on something useful like groceries or activities?
















































































































Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sectes

Megamind

Against the Unweaving