The Twilight Zone

Dear Chabot,

I am Barr. Don Mayor, an Attorney at law, and the Personal lawyer/friend to late Engineer M.A. Chabot , a foreigner who used to work with Shell International, Lome, Republic of Togo, Hereinafter shall be referred to as my late client/friend. As it may interest you to know, I got your contact through the internet professional Data Base by divine inspiration as I was going through some directories. I decided to contact you in order to champion a business of this magnitude without any problem.

On the 21st of April 2002, my client,his wife and their two children were involved in a car accident along Kara-Sokode expressway while arriving from a Holiday to Lome. All occupants of the vehicle unfortunately lost their lives. Since then, I have made several inquiries to their embassy to locate any of their extended relatives and this has also proved unsuccessful. I am contacting you to assist in repatriating the funds valued at US$8.5m,(Eight Million, Five Hundred Thousand United States Dollars),left behind by my client before it gets confiscated or declared unserviceable by the company where this huge amount were deposited. The said company has issued me a notice to provide the next of kin or have his account confiscated within the next twenty one official working days. Since I have been unsuccessful in locating the relatives for over 2 years now, I seek your consent to present as the next of kin to the deceased since you have the same last/surnames, so that the proceeds of this account could be paid to you.

Therefore, I will not fail to inform you that this transaction is 100% risk free. On smooth conclusion of this transaction, you will be entitled to 35% of the total sum as gratification, while 5% will be set aside to take care of expenses that may arise during the time of transfer and also telephone bills, while 60% would be for me. All I require from you is your honest co-operation to enable us see this transaction through. I guarantee that this will be executed under legitimate arrangement that will protect you from any breach of the law.

Upon your acceptance to this proposal, I expect your urgent response indicating your full interest in this great business transaction to our both mutual trust.

Your telephone and fax number will be needed for our easy communication. Get back to me at my private email address: barr_dmayor1@yahoo.ca for "privacy" reasons.

Sincerely yours,
Barr. Don Mayor


Dear Mr. Mayor,

I was deeply saddened by the death of my good second-cousin two years ago. Your sudden letter has brought all the pain back. I was the one who introduced him to his wife you see. I was godmother to his first child. I even visited him once at his mansion in Lome. A beautiful place.

Truely, you were divinely inspired to contact me, for I can get you in contact with his half-brother, Mr. G. Chabot. I am sure he will be willing to step forward as a willing heir. As for me, I have no need of money as I am a close councillor to Queen Isabella of the Republic of Gaboo, and she pays me quite handsomely.

You can contact G. Chabot at the following "private" address: iamnotstupid@yahoo.ca He might insist apon receiving more than 35% of the funds however, as it would not seem fitting for you, the humble lawyer, to receive more in payment than than the actual heir of this "unservicable" amount of money himself. I am sure that you will find G. Chabot to be very trust-worthy.

I hope this helps.

Sincerely yours,
Chabot

PS. Could you give me the address of this internet professional database? I would like to take my name off their list. Thank you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sectes

Megamind

Against the Unweaving