Happy Valentine's Day!

Last night (or should I say this morning?) I was up until 1:00 am making heart-shaped cookies and decorating half of them. I was already tired and would have gone to bed at 9:00 or so, but I was determined to do something to please my little munchkins and their classmates, and so I suffered, nay, toiled through hours of labour... but of course I enjoy doing this sort of thing, or at least I enjoy the thought of them getting some pleasure out of it. One must suffer for love you know. I will most likely be suffering for it this evening as well, and wanting to go to bed.

Nothing special tonight for Valentine's Day. I think we are just too lazy. You know, we'd have to find a babysitter for four children, and then we'd have to decide on a restaurant, (trying to find one that didn't have a 10-15 minute wait in line at the door would probably prove difficult), etc, etc,... and we are just too lazy to do that.

I am thinking I will make French toast tonight, with bread cut in the shape of a heart. Maybe cut up some strawberries to go with it, also heart-shaped... hmmm. I had just enough cookies left over for one each, so we'll have those too.

I am going to go now and get rid of the pile of dishes still lying on my counter from last night's cookie-making spree. And I need to sweep the darn stairs again. Toby sheds so much it's not funny.

Here's wishing you all a very happy day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Megamind

Sectes

Against the Unweaving