The Godparent Dilemma

Nicolas isn't baptised yet. We don't have a date set yet either. In fact, we don't even have godparents for him yet. R A has said she'd like to be godmother and I'd like her to be godmother, but I also really want at least ONE of the godparents to have some kind of faith. Not that R A has no faith, but she questions it and although I don't have a problem with that, (Maryssa's godmother is Marc's sister who is probably even farther off the Catholic path than R A), I'd like at least one godparent to have a STRONG faith. So who to ask?

My mother has been giving me suggestions, ahem, that... were I the only parent, I might consider... and some I wouldn't because, although they are very Catholic (without being too, ummm... weird...), I barely know them. Unfortunately I have a husband who would likely be less than enthousiastic about any of these suggestions so far. The last suggestion was for a couple I knew back in Prince George and that my mother met and really liked. Marc's reaction upon hearing their names was a resounding "No way!"

Well, you know, the husband DID try to convince a heathen anti-catholic that it was scientifically plausible that the world was created exactly the way it is described in the book of Genesis, in 6 days and all... Needless to say, said heathen was not impressed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sectes

Megamind

Against the Unweaving