A Big Day for my Father

Today my father, Jean-Nil Chabot from Barry's Bay, Ontario, Canada, will be defending his doctorate thesis at Laval University in Ste-Foy, Québec, Canada at 2:00 pm in room 613 of the Felix-Antoine-Savard Pavillion. (See picture below, my father in his home in Barry's Bay)

His thesis has to do with the Canadian charter of rights and liberties in which it is mentioned that our country has been founded on prinicpals which recognize the supremacy of God and the primacy of law. The laws that man makes for himself are just insofar as they are in accordance with the Being we call God. The double affirmation of the "supremacy of God" and the "primacy of law" is at the same time the foundation of the Charter of rights and liberties and the light by which makes its interpretation possible.

That's a short summary of the slightly longer summary provided in French below. I wish I could be there today with my Dad, but there is no way I can work things around the children being at school. I have to be here when they come back.

Good Luck Dad!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sectes

Megamind

Against the Unweaving