Sleepless in St-Jean

Here I am, again, for the umpteenth time in a row, unable to sleep in the middle of the night. I don't know if it is the heat or the pregnancy or a combination of both... I had the same problem a bit earlier in this pregnancy, before it was really all that hot. But it wasn't as bad. There isn't a night that goes by that I sleep all night. Most of the time I lay awake for hours for part of the night. Read in the newspaper yesterday that the heat that we are having is tropical. When the nights don't get colder than 24 degrees celsius, that's tropical, and we've had a couple of nights like that. Most nights don't even go below 20 degrees apparently, and even that is still too high to permit the body to recuperate from the heat. Apparently the norm for a minimum temperature (at night) in July is about 16 degrees. But the others don't seem to be suffering as much as I am. They all seem to be sleeping anyway...

Someone gave me a trick to try, lying on my back for 10 minutes with my legs propped up in the air like in the shape of an L. It's supposed to direct more oxygen to the brain and help me get back to sleep. That was earlier on in my pregnancy when I mentioned my difficulty sleeping to a woman working in a health food store, back before it got so hot.

I don't remember the heat in Paraguay bothering me so much... I think the problem is that here it is so humid. I'm pretty sure it wasn't quite as humid in Luque, where I was. It sure didn't rain as much. Here it rains every three or four days or so, and gets unbearably hot and humid right before...

I also have gas all the time at night, that doesn't help... not painful gas... at least I don't have a sore stomache and cramping or anything,... but it's not the most comfortable thing...

I don't understand how women can MISS being pregnant. I think I would much rather adopt kids at about 16 months or so... Ahh well,... at least it's only nine months and not two years like for an elephant...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Megamind

Sectes

Against the Unweaving