Daycares and other things...

Some people think I am crazy because I have four kids. They think I must be really busy in a day and not have any time to myself. After having observed a daycare this morning, I think the crazy people are the ones who work in daycares, with 6 children each to watch out for, all within the ages of 1 to 3 years, them and the parents who send their young children there. First of all, I may have 4 kids but the oldest is 11 and the others almost 7, 5 and 2 1/2. I only have to really watch the youngest. And my oldest is old enough to help out. I was at the park today with two other ladies and we were watching a couple of groups of daycares and we were quite glad none of our children were in a daycare. It was just crazy. The kids got far away from the supervisors, they weren't always being watched close enough and besides, how do you keep track of so many young children? It's easy to count to 4, but count to 30? How do you know one hasn't wandered off? Even if you're only assigned 6 out of the 30, with so many children running around, how do you keep track of your 6? One daycare (there were a couple that came to the park) had yellow bibs on all their children. Good idea, but I think there were almost 15 children with yellow bibs. I would have put 5 red bibs, 5 blue bibs and 5 yellow bibs on them and have each worker monitor one colour. Much easier to pick out 5 children of a distinct colour than 5 yellows in a sea of yellow.

I am definitely glad to be able to keep my children at home. Some day when they are older, maybe I can go and work, even if it is only part-time, out of the house, but for now, it is much better for them to be at home with me, and I have a much easier time of it than a daycare worker. No, I am not the crazy one. This society that says have only 1 or 2 children (the minimum, one's duty) and then stick them in daycare so the mother can continue to work, they're the ones that are crazy. I realize some mothers don't have a choice, and that is too bad, but when one is almost made to feel guilty for being a stay-at-home mom, that is even sadder.

Comments

  1. Anonymous7:51 pm

    Jeanne wrote "This society that says have only 1 or 2 children (the minimum, one's duty) and then stick them in daycare so the mother can continue to work, they're the ones that are crazy."

    I think she'll find some support for her position in this anti-daycare website...
    http://www.daycaresdontcare.org

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sectes

Megamind

Against the Unweaving