From Hi5 - February 6, 2004

Spring is already in the air!!

The sap is probably about to start running in the trees if it hasn't already started... more specifically, the sugar maples... so maybe we will be heading out the sugar hut way and eating lots of maple syrop and toffee...

It is rather early yet, but we HAVE been having a warm spell. I expect that it'll get cold again soon, we just came out of a cold spell, January was quite cold, for at least three weeks there, we had between -15 and -25 every day. But this past week has been quite warm, right around the freezing mark or just above.

Today I went out and played like a little kid on the pond in front of our house. I cleared off the snow and Maryssa and I ran across and slid on our feet... great fun,... we were outside at least an hour, and just in sweaters too...

I am sooooooo looking forward to spring again and getting back outside...

Today I wanted to walk and walk and walk... if I had had someone to walk with I would have gone on a long hike... ahh the days of my youth in Moose Factory, when on a day like today I would have packed a lunch with Cecil or someone else, and hiked a km or two across the river to one of the other islands (uninhabited) and started a fire in the bush, eaten lunch, fooled around, and then walked back home... those were the days,... what memories...

My own kids are growing up with waaay too much TV and computer... that doesn't make for good stories to tell your grandchildren when you get old...

Jean-Alexandre always loves it when Uncle Cecil comes over and we start talking about what we used to do when we were kids,... building forts in the snow, (practically risking suffocation too when one caved in on us :) ) going hiking, canoing, swimming in the river,... all sorts of things...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sectes

Megamind

Against the Unweaving